- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, petite diced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12 g) vegetable bouillon tablet
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon elbow macaroni
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, flour and tomato paste to the hot oil. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water, bay leaf, bouillon, salt and pepper flakes. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Discard the bay leaf. Using a blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the saucepan to the heat. Bring the soup to a boil over medium heat. Add the milk and macaroni. Cook until the macaroni is soft, 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.