Fried Eggplant Salad (Gowrulan Badamjanly Salat)
- 1 eggplant, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 3 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Put the chopped eggplant in a large bowl, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and cover with water. Soak for 15 minutes, then pour out the water.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Drop in the eggplant cubes and fry over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden. Remove the eggplant cubes with a slotted spoon and allow to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, lettuce, bell pepper, spring onions, dill, parsley and eggplant in a salad bowl. Add the red pepper flakes and ½ teaspoon salt. Toss well.
- Mix the garlic and lemon juice together in a small bowl, then drizzle over the salad.
This is such a delicious salad! Thank You for creating such a great website of our Turkmen awesome kitchen.
Thanks Shahnaz! Glad you like it.
Made this along with dograma, it’s a good salad! Even my picky 2-year-old liked the eggplant, so that’s a win