Rice Porridge (Şüle)
- 2 tablespoons gowurdak / 1 tablespoon tallow / 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 l (6 cups) water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 200 g (1 cup) short-grain rice, rinsed and drained
- Heat gowurdak in a large pot over medium heat. When the fat begins to melt, add diced onion and cook, stirring often, until soft. Stir in diced tomatoes. Add water, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir for a few seconds. Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir. When the soup comes back to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook until the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.