Wermişel – Vermicelli
- 125 ml (½ cup) vegetable oil
- 500 g (5 cups) vermicelli, coarsely broken
- 100 g (½ cups) parboiled long-grain rice, rinsed
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thick-sliced
- 1 l (4 cups) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Before the oil gets too hot, add the vermicelli to the pot. Stir-fry until browned.
- Stir in the rice and potatoes.
- Add the water and salt, and turn the heat up. When the vermicelli begins to absorb the water, reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot with the lid. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring once in between.